Webinar: How to Be a Life-Long Learner and Build Your Own Network
April 4, 2024 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
How to Be a Life-Long Learner and Build Your Own Network
Be mindful of getting involved in opportunities that can help you grow in your career and life. Be intentional about what you get involved in. Building a valuable network of peers, and maintaining that network, will have benefits far beyond where you are today.
- Make sure you are taking opportunities to grow.
- Through experience
- Through self-development. If the opportunity arises to get more education in your field, take advantage of it. Keep your skills up-to-date and your knowledge valid as you grow in your work.
- Importance of community involvement & participating in clubs/sports. Why employers view these activities favorably.
- What to highlight about these activities (leadership roles, dealing with difficult people, etc.)
- Why it is important to be involved in school. Be strategic about what you’re choosing to do. Have a goal in mind – be purposeful that your activities help you meet that goal.