- This event has passed.
Webinar: How to Prepare for the First Day on the Job and First 90 Days
November 2 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Prepare for the First Day on the Job and First 90-Days
Research suggests that the first 90 days in a new position are crucial: they will define if you fail or succeed. This course is designed to help you learn the lay of the land, create momentum and make an impact.
1. The importance of time management:
a. How to plan your day & best practices in booking time on someone else’s calendar. Reflect on your values in everything you do. (make it tool agnostic).
b. How to be on time for work
c. Managing priorities over fun, setting boundaries
2. Goal-setting and planning
3. Tips for choosing appropriate attire. Learn the difference between Business Casual, Business Formal, and Casual. Clean & neat appearance. Make a good 1st impression.
4. Asking questions – who, how and what to ask. Being comfortable asking questions about expectations, boundaries on time, etc.
5. Public Workplace Etiquette- being aware of others in the shared space, how to not be offensive, being a good co-worker
6. How are virtual meetings different from in-person?
7. Emails – How to use the subject line effectively, when to cc: other people, how much information should you include in an email, etc.