Contact SACS enrollment management.
MS BIOMEDICAL DATA SCIENCE PROGRAM ACADEMICS
Our program builds on the experience of participants and emphasizes the development of communication and presentation skills in a team-based, data-driven economy environment. Interactive classes will ensure that you learn as much from your classmates as the faculty and course materials. The curriculum includes specialized tracks in precision medicine and population health and concludes with a comprehensive real-world, industry-type capstone, oriented toward your domain of interest.
The curriculum encompasses all important aspects of biomedical data science, including:
- Computational software engineering
- GIS algorithms for health care analytics
- Precision medicine informatics
- Population health informatics
- Big data management and analytics
- AI and Computational ML
- NLP and Text Analytics
- Predictive modeling and analytics
- Visualization and unstructured data analysis
- Data conscientiousness
- Ethics of biomedical data science
You will also learn in-demand skills that will prepare you for success in your data science career.
- Data Wrangling – ability to acquire, transform, map, deal with data imperfections, cleanse, and prepare data from disparate sources for statistical analysis and decision modeling
- Using probability and statistics to explore and understand data
- Using multivariate calculus and linear algebra to build machine learning models
- Database management
- Data visualization and communication
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Cloud computing – to provide access to databases, frameworks, programming languages, and operational tools