Contact SACS enrollment management.
Data science training to promote health equity
in Medicaid and Medicare populations
Health Disparities/Data Science Certificate
FOR EARLY STAGE INVESTIGATORS (ESIS) AT HBCUS/HSIS/MSIS/TCS
Spring application deadline: Jan. 4, 2022
Course: 12-months online certification program
Training: Training will prepare ESIs to develop the knowledge and skills to analyze, discover, translate, and communicate innovative insights about health disparities from research using data science methods and analytics to analyze Medicaid and Medicare data and link them with other data sets.
For information, contact: Paul D. Juarez, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Meharry Medical College.
Contact information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; cell phone: 310-902-1047
Limited to three ESIs per cohort
- Cohort 1 begins Jan 11, 2022
- Cohort 2 begins July 1, 2022 (tentative)
The certificate program will be jointly taught by faculty from:
- Health Disparities Research Center of Excellence at Meharry (HDRCOE)
- School of Applied Computational Sciences (SACS) at Meharry Medical College (MMC)
- Medicaid Research Center/Health Policy Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health
- MSDS 510 Computer Programming Foundations for Data Science (3 credits)
- MSDS 515 Data Conscientiousness (3 credits)
- MSDS 525 Data Management Foundations for Data Science (3 credit hours)
- Intro to Medicare and Medicaid for Data Science (3 credits)
- Health Disparities Seminar Series
- MSDS 590 Capstone project (3 credits)
Applications should include a resume and a letter of interest that provides a one-page summary of related coursework that the applicant has taken and how the program will further the applicants career goals. The due date for applications is June 6, 2022.