Eligible students should meet the following requirements:
- Educational equivalent of at least a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university in the U.S.
- Students are expected to have a working familiarity with the discipline of data science and analytics and general knowledge about the impacts of big data in businesses and corporations. All students should have a working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office; and should be familiar with Internet access and usage.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 on undergraduate work with a minimum of a “B” (GPA of 3.00) in undergraduate Calculus, Elementary Statistics, or their equivalents.
If you meet one of the above requirements, you may begin the admissions process.
Each applicant must complete the following:
- Application with a $50 nonrefundable fee.
- Official transcripts. (Must have an undergraduate degree with at least a GPA of 2.75 or better for full admission. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.00 in calculus and elementary statistics, including linear algebra, may be admitted conditionally and must obtain a minimum of 3.00 GPA by the end of the first 3 courses or 9 credit hours.)
- Applicants must submit documentation verifying coursework or demonstrated competency in data science or computing and technology concepts and terminology, statistics, data management, and computer programming.
- GRE test scores (not required for prospective students with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, as determined by the program director).
- Two references: one professional and one academic (or both academic if prospective student has no employment experience).
- Personal statement: The School of Applied Computational Sciences (SACS) wants to know (1) your personal and career goals, and (2) how the graduate program will contribute to the achievement of your goals via the personal statement form.
- On-campus (or virtual) interview.
Are you interested in the M.S. Data Science or M.S. Biomedical Data Science program but need to improve your programming or statistics skillset? Contact us at email@example.com or complete the request information form to learn about courses you can take to prepare you for either program.