Consistent with its overall vision and mission, the School of Applied Computational Science’s Research and Development mission is to develop and deploy impactful and socially-responsible scientific knowledge and practical technologies that empower society to improve the quality of life.
To achieve this mission, the SACS sets the following objectives:
- Build and sustain strategic research clusters of excellence that leverage existing SACS strengths in computational sciences;
- Promote alignment and optimization of graduate programs, with respect to the strategic research clusters, to expand research opportunities and resources that attract and support a robust number of research fellows;
- Promote research-based learning through systematic integration of research experiences into the curriculum;
- Seek additional deep intellectual and mutually beneficial partnerships with a broad range of researchers on the Meharry Medical College campus;
- Establish close relationships and set up collaborative projects with institutions and professional entities involved in the computational sciences arena in Middle Tennessee and beyond;
- Foster research partnerships and initiatives that result in nationally and internationally recognized distinctive and innovative sponsored research programs.