Advanced Computing and Analytics Laboratory
The Advanced Computing and Analytics Lab (ACAL) is an open access, gathering and collaborative workspace for student success. In this lab, our students work with faculty, researchers, industry experts and other technology thought leaders.
The ACAL is at the intersection of analytics and the health care industry. Meharry SACS and clinical faculty join students to optimize heath care system performance according to the quadruple aim model. But just as importantly, the lab promotes community building and fosters a culture of innovation, learning, engagement and personal growth for students, faculty, and staff.
The ACAL provides ongoing consultation and collaboration for external partners in:
- Experimental design
- Data analysis / analytics
- Information management / curation
- Applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning
The ACAL improves the marketability of SACS students upon completion of their studies
- Equips SACS students with industry-relevant skills and state-of-the-art computational approaches.
- Enables students to sharpen critical thinking skills, learn to conduct research, analyze problems, explore alternative approaches, determine optimal solutions, and effectively communicate and justify their findings to any audience.
Tim Coburn, Ph.D.
Director, Advanced Computing and Analytics Lab
Chief Data Scientist
Dr. Coburn has had an extensive career focused on interdisciplinary applications of statistics, analytics, data science and systems, and computing at the interface of business, science, engineering, and technology.